Vivo 1716 GCam Port
Vivo 1716 is a popular mid-range smartphone that comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera. While the camera quality is decent, it can be further improved by installing the Google Camera (GCam) port. In this article, we will guide you on how to install the GCam port on Vivo 1716 and share some tips to enhance the camera quality.
What is Google Camera (GCam) Port?
Google Camera, also known as GCam, is the default camera app on Google’s Pixel smartphones. It is highly regarded for its advanced features, such as Night Sight, HDR+, and Super Res Zoom, which significantly improve image quality. Third-party developers have ported the GCam app to other Android devices, including Vivo 1716, allowing users to experience the benefits of GCam on their devices.
How to Install GCam Port on Vivo 1716?
Installing the GCam port on Vivo 1716 is a straightforward process. Follow the steps below to get started:
Step 1: Enable Unknown Sources
To install the GCam port, you need to enable the Unknown Sources option in the Security settings. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings on your Vivo 1716.
- Scroll down and select Security.
- Turn on the Unknown Sources option.
Step 2: Download and Install the GCam APK
After enabling Unknown Sources, you need to download and install the GCam APK on your Vivo 1716. You can download the latest version of the GCam port from various sources on the internet, such as XDA Developers, APKMirror, or GCamPorts.
- Download the GCam APK file to your device.
- Open the File Manager app and navigate to the Downloads folder.
- Tap on the GCam APK file to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
Step 3: Configure GCam Settings
Once you have installed the GCam port on your Vivo 1716, you need to configure the app settings for optimal performance. Here are some recommended settings:
- Go to the GCam app and open the Settings menu.
- Under the HDR+ settings, set the Quality HDR+ to Super High.
- Under the Advanced settings, enable the following options:
- Enhanced HDR+
- Auto-exposure correction
- Disable zoom in portrait mode
- Disable portrait mode on front camera
- Under the Saturation settings, set the Highlight and Shadow Saturation to 1.8 and 2.4, respectively.
Tips to Improve Camera Quality on Vivo 1716
Here are some tips to enhance the camera quality on your Vivo 1716:
- Clean the Camera Lens
Make sure to clean the camera lens regularly with a microfiber cloth to remove any dirt or fingerprints that can affect the image quality.
- Use HDR Mode
HDR mode improves the dynamic range of the image by combining multiple shots taken at different exposure levels. It is especially useful in high-contrast scenes, such as landscapes or backlit portraits.
- Experiment with Different Camera Modes
Vivo 1716 comes with several camera modes, including Pro, Panorama, and Bokeh. Experiment with different modes to find the one that best suits your needs.
- Adjust Exposure and Focus
You can adjust the exposure and focus manually by tapping on the screen while in the camera app. This allows you to control the brightness and sharpness of the image.
Installing the GCam port on Vivo 1716 is a great way to improve the camera quality and enhance your photography experience. Follow the steps outlined in this article.